Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Short Nedbank?

Here we go - I shorted this puppy way to early and sitting with blood on my hands. Although now it looks way too tempting to pass.

It is arriving in an area where there will be severe technical resistance with a downward sloping resistance line from the 20 April 2007 (158.10) to the 7 November 2007 (151.50) - this is providing resistance in the 128 area - not far from today's close of 122.85.

Do I think it will get to the higher resistance line - no. Nedbank has rallied close on 100% after dropping fairly spectacularly to 64.92 on 9 March 2009 - overdone......you tell me?



Note on chart - Oh yes I unashamedly use OST - Standard Bank's Online Share Trading - hey OST do I get something for punting you guys...........

Why don't I like Nedbank fundamentally? Take note I am not a fundamental trader but I do keep tabs on things
  1. smallest of the big 4, 
  2. no big plans to expand into Africa or abroad into China, India etc, 
  3. and the clincher........roll the drums.......offering R750 if you open an account with them -does that sound like desperation stuff to you or what.....?

No comments:

Post a Comment